Luddie's Former Life ;)
Houston, the Shiny has landed.

We Should Get Jerseys, Cuz We Make a Good Team

By Luddie
After a few days of riotous revelries on 41 (Guild Wars + pizza + caffeine = stereotypical male college student heaven), I made it safely to Indiana.

I intended to take pictures, which is another way of saying that I didn't. I thought it would be cool to take pictures of the state border signs as I passed them since the states themselves are nothing much to behold, at least along the interstates.

I couldn't sleep the night before and was tired all along the drive, but never dangerously sleepy. I deal with tiredness pretty well, except that it usually makes everything seem worse than it actually is. The low point was about southern Illinois, where I stopped for a chicken sandwich at McDonald's.

The lady behind the counter asked me if I wanted my chicken grilled or crispy. I was not prepared for the sudden import of this query.

Had I not simply asked for a sandwich? Could she understand that I just wanted to eat anything and not discourse at length the subtleties of my culinary poultry? In all honesty, I nearly broke down and cried.

But, after that, I turned up the music and rolled down the window. The weather was good for the entire trip (minus the nasty rain between Alto and Carthage.)

Indiana warmed up nicely just as I arrived. It's about 60 degrees for most of the day, though rain is coming tomorrow.

Common Grounds Flickr-age! Many thanks to Fargo.

Last night I went bowling with the cool kids from the Sycamore RP church. It was an off night for me, but on the upside, Jacob Fisher taught me to dance-walk backwards like Michael Jackson. Don't you love it when people mix ridiculous metaphors... I had an off night, as opposed to an on one, but on the upside of what coin does one learn to dance like Michael Jackson? More mysteries of the universe...

So life is currently a wonderful mix of bran muffins, light breezes, conversations with long-time Handong friends (word, Jakhongir!) and smooth, black coffee from Mom's new french press.

Candace and Ben and I also started watching Elizabethtown last night, which is a pleasant surprise of a movie. We finish it tonight...
 

2 comments so far.

  1. katy 3/14/2007 10:48 PM
    yay moonwalk
  2. Suzanne 3/28/2007 6:43 AM
    Um sorry, Josh. I'm obviously just going down your entries commenting freely as I go, but I thought the chronicling of your blissful week in Indiana deserved more than one lonely comment. So I now improve the situation. Cheers.

Something to say?