Luddie's Former Life ;)
Houston, the Shiny has landed.

Stilled My Soul

By Luddie
I studied for a test in Management this morning while listening to the Sons of Korah.

College is so in-your-face and self-driven and go-go-go that I was blown away by this delightful little acoustic retelling of Psalm 131. Here's the lyrics (which, like all their songs, is straight from the Bible.)


My heart is not proud, Lord
My eyes not haughty
I do not concern myself

With things too great
Or wonderful
For me

But I have stilled, Lord
I've stilled my soul
Like a child weaned in its mother's arms

So I am still, so still
In my soul
In me

Oh, Israel!
Hope in the Lord
Hope in the Lord
 

3 comments so far.

  1. Suzanne 2/20/2007 3:53 PM
    The kids have been telling me about the Sons of Korah. Sure wouldn't mind having one of their CDs

    ...seeing how it's almost the first of March, and all.

    ;-D
  2. Amy 2/20/2007 11:36 PM
    'Love the song. Thanks so much for letting us read through the lyrics. I have one to share with you... Celtic Cry recorded it in an album dedicated to the Scottish Covenanters' martyrs.

    ***Rest in You***

    Grace, this world's sweetest fragrance, poured out at the highest cost,
    And life, Heaven's holy offer, draws each weary soul unto a cross.

    I will rest in You.
    I will rest in You,
    Not just when this race is over,
    But in these earthly moments, too.
    I will rest in You.

    You give me hope, shining every moment, like Eden's dawn upon the scene.
    You give me peace like the gentle breezes brush the snowy flocks on hills of green.

    I will rest in You.
    I will rest in You,
    Not just when this race is over,
    But in these earthly moments, too.
    I will rest in You.

    Oh, great and gracious One,
    For all my days...
    For all You've done...

    I will rest in You.
    I will rest in You,
    Not just when this race is over,
    But in these earthly moments, too.
    I will rest in You.
    *** ***

    It's almost wrong to separate the words from their melody. :) All the same, I hope you'll continue to find the beauty of being still before God and reveling in the rest His Spirit brings.

    The Lord bless you, my friend!

    P.S. I, too, have been having late night headaches...I can empathize; I hope you'll be free of them, very soon. :)

    Also, I'm sorry this comment got to be so long; I'll try to restrain my words, from now on. :)
  3. Paige 3/05/2007 10:03 AM
    I found this psalm just about a year ago, and it embodied everything that I had been feeling. I love it still, and it's nice to be reminded from time to time.

    Hope you're doing well, since I never see you anymore. :)

Something to say?