Luddie's Former Life ;)
Houston, the Shiny has landed.

By Luddie
And today's random picture, comes from Festival time, Handong, just before midterms...



One more final before I'm done for the semester. It's American History and definitely what I'd consider to be my easiest final.

A week from today I fly out of Incheon. Korea's been good but I'd be lying to say I wasn't excited about the US/UK.

The weather has been warming up, but like other places I've lived, the weather rarely stays the same all day. It can be really hot in the morning and when a rain front moves in, you need a jacket for the evening.

The dorms don't have air conditioning, but on the plus side, the construction crew outside our building hasn't worked in the last few days, so we keep the windows open.

I made a Wal-Mart trip on Tuesday afternoon. I make microwave spaghetti... mmm.

Prof. Duvernay, of Korean history fame, took a poll of the students asking who had the coolest presentation. Guess who won? The prize was this Korean language history book. So, I can't read it, but the professor said before giving it to me, "It has lots of pictures."

I handed in two finals this morning and immediately went back to bed. I knew I hadn't gotten enough sleep the night before, but now, after a 4 hour nap, I can't convince myself that it's still Thursday.

Can't think of much more randomness...

I can't stand the annoying arrangements on a lot of old big-band style songs, but I have really digged two songs recently... Dean Martin "Blue Moon" and Julie London "Cry Me A River." And yeah, they're both really sad...
 

3 comments so far.

  1. Amy 6/22/2006 9:05 AM
    Well, in celebration of your trip a week from now, may I be the first to welcome you back to the joys of home. :) I'm sure you'll love the UK, too.

    I'm headed to missions in Scotland during August and September, so I'll get to experience life there, before long...should be interesting. :)

    I'm sure you'll love your new picture book. Artistic inference never hurt anyone. :)

    I haven't heard "Cry Me a River" in a long time, but I think I remembered having liked it. Sad songs hold a lot of the story of life sometimes...

    I hope you get more opportunities to catch up on your rest; that's important. (Believe me, I know.) :)

    I'll bet you can't wait to get home and eat "real" spaghetti! I haven't made microwave spaghetti since I was seven; I did a horrible job and never attempted it again. :)

    I'll be praying for your last final there. 'Hope it goes really well. Blessings!
  2. C. Bright 6/22/2006 10:25 AM
    Nice Picture.

    We haven't had a lot of microwave spaghetti, but we've had our share of frosting-less apple pop tarts.

    It's all about the same.
  3. Amy 6/28/2006 2:05 PM
    Your friends here will be surely praying for you as you leave Korea tomorrow. (actually in a few hours, "your time", I think) :)

    Thanks for making us a part of all that the Lord's been teaching you, while you've been studying there. I'm really appreciative. :)

    Many blessings are ever with you!

    Julgoun yohaeng ul haseyo!

Something to say?