Luddie's Former Life ;)
Houston, the Shiny has landed.

Wootage

By Luddie
Well, freshmen "extended orientation" has been going well. I think we have a good group of fellers this year with some people I really want to meet better. Watermelon football a few nights back was a hoot. Hopefully I can get my hands on pictures of this very soon.

Tonight we do two fun things. First, there's a Counter Strike match where lots of freshlings play and they get some of our upperclassmen signatures. It's something of a joke... my roomie has put his time into this game (and me to a far, far lesser extent) so we expect to mop them up. Knifing people to death who are trying desperately to kill you with a pistol is one of the most hilarious gaming experiences out there. Schmorgan and I have played this on and off for a couple years and we still die laughing.

And after that we have Sere Na Ding. That's referencing a sign I wish I could take a picture of. I made it. Anyway, serenading is where we get all our freshlings and as many upperclassmen as we can, and go sing three romantic songs to each of the girls' floors on campus. It's a lot of fun and I get to lead it. And we make the freshlings get down on one knee and sing part of one song right to a special girl.

Awwwwww...

Too bad they'll never get to hold her hand again! Welcome to LETU, freshlings! Bwahahaha. And no I'm not bitter. :D

I am loving my classes. I actually genuinely enjoy each one. This is awesome.
 

7 comments so far.

  1. abu 9/01/2005 5:39 PM
    Have fun with CS.
    If I were playing, the freshmen would be knifing me while I was trying to figure out how to switch to a pistol!

    What is on the song list tonight?
  2. Luddie 9/01/2005 5:55 PM
    same old same old

    If I had $1000000
    Every Rose Has Its Thorn
    I Would Walk 500 Miles
  3. Liz 9/02/2005 12:05 AM
    yeah for serenading!!! one of the highlites of the year :-P and you forgot to list "you've lost that lovin feelin"
  4. Luddie 9/02/2005 12:15 AM
    The reason for that being... somehow I forgot about it and Fjord looked at me when I introduced the songs at our practice and he was like, "Hey... you forgot you've lost that lovin' feeling!!" So we did that too. :D
  5. Amy Thorne 9/02/2005 9:09 PM
    haha, I'm not in college but I can still post on your blog! :P Wow, I love the purposefullness of your title. Wootage, just by itself, is an overwhelmingly useful word, anyway. But then to top off a post about classes and freshmen and serenading -- it's just pure brain food!
  6. bajema 9/05/2005 3:44 PM
    don't forget who taught you every rose as its thorn!
  7. Luddie 9/05/2005 4:19 PM
    heck yes! Slope and I reminisced about the good times after devos singing no one else.

Something to say?