Luddie's Former Life ;)
Houston, the Shiny has landed.

Me Little Ditties

By Luddie
I was playing around on my lovely acoustic guitar at my desk, and my microphone was right there, so I just decided to hit record and see what came out.

The usual disclaimer: I forgot to tune my guitar before playing this, and the strings BADLY need replacing, blah blah blah.

First, I started playing before my roommate knew that I was recording, so you can hear him banging around at the end, which is why I cut it short at 50-some seconds. (YEAH THANKS A LOT PEBBLE!!!!!!)

Improvisation 1 0:52 (1 megabyte)

And this next one, Pebble actually respected the mike and kept quiet very well. But then another fellow on 41 (my college floor) named Mortimer walked in. So while I was playing, I tried to make the "shhh!" signal, except with no hands since I was playing.

And so, in honor of him and his uninvited but always welcome intrusions into my room, I entitle this song Mortimer Be Quiet. Because it actually has the length and structure to be a song and not a whatever that first recording was.

Mortimer Be Quiet 2:18 (2.8 megabytes)

Enjoy. :)
 

6 comments so far.

  1. C. Bright 8/25/2005 2:45 PM
    I did ::sniffle::

    Is ye Impact almost done? Or was that only a weekend? Or have I been entirely too occupied with my own inner Elmos to notice that you've posted as such?
  2. Man with a Mission 8/25/2005 10:35 PM
    Thanks for the tunes!
  3. abu 8/26/2005 6:43 AM
    the music sounds cool. you should do that more often!
  4. Amy Thorne 8/26/2005 3:14 PM
    This are so awesome, baby! Darn it, I wish I could just bumble around and get an infinitely sweet song recorded for me!!! :/
  5. Anonymous 8/27/2005 7:05 PM
    Loved your music, though it took me a while to figure out how to listen to it.
  6. quirky 8/30/2005 8:36 AM
    hey, man, i enjoyed it too. you shouldn't have stopped recording just cuz of the noises. i could hardly hear them. at least, they weren't overly noticeable.

Something to say?