Luddie's Former Life ;)
Houston, the Shiny has landed.

Hya!

By Luddie
First things first -- why, you ask, do I have a picture of a kitten with a sniper rifle? Well, here's the story:

I decided one day, not long ago, that I wanted to learn karate, merely for the value of knowing self-defense. I had seen the LETU karate, but figured it wasn't of much value beyond being a quaint dance form of some type. As it turns out, a good 41 alum friend of mine (Gizmo!) is a brown belt and says it's actually quite useful for self-defense. And my roomie Pebble is in the class.

So I figured hey why not.

THEN

I signed up for it, and remarked to myself that this event warranted a change in my blog decor. So, in my quest for an interesting picture relating somehow to karate, I happened upon this AWESOME picture of a cat with a sniper rifle.

Completely off topic, yes, but oh so cool.

There you have it.

I'm now up to 17 hours of classes and finding myself precious low on time for my job. There's just no big blocks of time in my week any more.

And now a snippet from Literary Criticism.

Dr Watson> So, every bump on that graph represents a verifiable point in the plot? You can articulate, in MLA format, what every squiggle on that line means in an essay?

Me> Yes. Every bit of the graph means SOMETHING... we intend to trademark it.
 

7 comments so far.

  1. Amy Thorne 9/05/2005 8:24 PM
    Josh. This is likely to scare small children.

    Darn, it scares me.

    ::shivers::
  2. Sharpton: The Knight's Disciple 9/05/2005 11:04 PM
    I want this kitten
  3. Josh 9/06/2005 5:56 PM
    where can I get a sniper kitty?
    am I allowed to train mine?
    is there a covert ops kitty training handbook?
  4. Ma Hoyt 9/06/2005 7:56 PM
    My ten-year-old daughter wants to know if the kitty is aiming at a dog, or what?

    (just for the record, she laughed and was not scared.....so, keep trying...)
  5. Suzanne 9/06/2005 11:05 PM
    Yeah, that blows my "nice little kitty image" forever.
  6. Anonymous 9/09/2005 4:29 PM
    Just don't know (scratches head and rubs chin - not at the same time, of coarse - too complicated) just don't know, just don't know about sweet little baby kittens and sniper rifles. Just don't know!
  7. Ross 9/10/2005 9:32 PM
    Yes, very cool indeed Josh.

    Yeah, 17 hrs. and a job would be kind of rough. I only have 14 and a job up here at Purdue now and I still feel like I need a 7 day weekend every week.

Something to say?