Luddie's Former Life ;)
Houston, the Shiny has landed.

Literary Agony

By Luddie
Augh. Have you ever spent five minutes squeezing your head, just *trying* to get that perfect word you need for a piece of writing that just won't come from the tip of your tongue? I know there is such a word because several times I was *this* close to remembering it. And a thesaurus only got me distracted off on another meaning I didn't want.

I am still convinced that a thesaurus is a type of dinosaur.


EDIT: exploratory. The word is exploratory.

It took me twenty minutes to come up with that. It's weird... I knew the word must begin with an E, so I kept coming back to experimental. But that's isn't really what I wanted... about ten minutes later I had this revelation that the second letter must indeed be an X... I tried to continue the sentence without the word after finally giving up and it suddenly came to me. Brains are funny things sometimes. We know more than we give credit for -- the trick is just getting it out.
 

4 comments so far.

  1. observateur_silencieux 9/13/2005 6:42 PM
    :) oh well..when the word is out we wonder why didnt the brain function faster rite? hehe
  2. It's ok Ludwhig. It happens to the best of us.
  3. aduma 9/13/2005 8:08 PM
    where did the cat go?
  4. Ma Hoyt 9/13/2005 8:31 PM
    Sometimes you must set your mind on something com-pletely different, and what you're looking for will pop into your head like magic.

    It happens to women all the time, when they appear to be going off subject, but are really using a subtle technique to get their brain to find something.

    Perhaps you need get in touch with your feminine side :-D

Something to say?