Luddie's Former Life ;)
Houston, the Shiny has landed.

I Predict a Riot

By Luddie
A hurricane is coming! Panic in the streets! Power outages! Floods! Storms! Wombats!

Absolutely all the hotels are filled up with evacuees. Which concerns me not at all, not needing a hotel myself.

Hurricane Rita should be greatly diminished by the time it reaches Longview, though I have heard predictions that the storm may well stall directly on us. Dr. Kubricht started class yesterday saying he'd heard the eye of the storm would pass very near Longview. We shall see.

Symphony was cancelled. :( Postponed, I should say. We'll still go. Pebble, Dex and I... we have to convince Geoff to go.

I am constantly amazed how my schedule can be packed with something I have to be doing, literally without pause for the majority of a day. I look forward to 4 PM. That is when I won't be *having* to do anything.

But, you say, you are not doing anything right now.

Well, that's because I should be doing the reading for Lit Crit which is in half an hour, but at this point, I am going very A.D.D., having had a test in American Foreign Policy just a while ago.

No further progress has been made on my songs. Perhaps, very much perhaps, this weekend.

I detect some very small rays of lyrical inspiration.

Hurricanes aren't what I call fun, but I must say I wouldn't mind a long, unrelenting, drenching rain of mediocre intensity. Perhaps a thunderclap here or there just for effect.

Finding a quiet, cool place alone, with a jacket and cup of hot hot coffee, watching the rain, and writing about something... that sounds like the ideal use of this weekend.
 

5 comments so far.

  1. Duster Time! It's the end of the world! God is judging LU! Flee! Flee for your lives!
  2. abu 9/23/2005 5:31 PM
    It hasn't been the first riot at LU, and it is unlikely to be the ultimate one either. Although if the enourmous sewer rats emerge, it could spell the end.
  3. Geoff 9/23/2005 6:40 PM
    Although if the enourmous sewer rats emerge, it could spell the end.

    Rats of unusual size?

    I don't believe they exist...

    ::gets mauled from behind::

    ::waves arms in a comical, yet heroic fashion::
  4. C. Bright 9/24/2005 10:18 PM
    HA!

    Ew, ::looks down:: his profile pic is uglyer than mine.

    Wooops! DId I totally say something mean about a random dude that my random brother randomly rooms with?
  5. Geoff 9/26/2005 7:17 PM
    Ew, ::looks down:: his profile pic is uglyer than mine.

    Wooops! DId I totally say something mean about a random dude that my random brother randomly rooms with?


    Actually, you totally said something mean about my random avatar that is randomly attached to my profile. (and its actually not there, since my random hosting guy is having technical difficulties)

    Is your insistence on random being attached simple jocular stance of all things, or do you really believe that random chance drives everything?

    Was it true randomness that caused your comment to come forth?

    Is it a random event that your brother attends LETU ?

    Is it really random that he ended up in my suite?

    ::crickets::














    I'm just messing with you... however, it is not quite as fun as messing with Josh.

Something to say?