Luddie's Former Life ;)
Houston, the Shiny has landed.

And the dry spell continues

By Luddie
With our lives getting the winning vote!

On a brighter note, I have decided not to go to karate camp this weekend because I have 2 5-page papers due next week, in addition to the normal other things. As well as a test and a major paper abstract due tomorrow.

That wasn't much brighter.

Uhm... I'm reading a book called Heart of Darkness for Lit Crit! It's great! So far it has shown the insufficiencies of British colonialism: ravaging, stripping and enslaving the continent of Africa...


What else...

I'm going to go see Serenity tomorrow night. Ahh, now there's a happy thought!
 

8 comments so far.

  1. Suzanne 9/29/2005 8:13 AM
    I've always thought "Heart of Darkness" was the inspiration for the '70s movie "Apocalypse Now". My advice? Read it well and learn its lessons, but stay as emotionally detached as possible.
    “The horror! The horror!”

    "Serenity" will be much more entertaining - of course, I don't want you to get any ideas about becoming a renegade space traveler either.

    (P.S. I tried to use the HTML italics tag by putting a bird's beak surrounding an i on either side of a movie title. Wonder how that works?)
  2. Luddie 9/29/2005 8:19 AM
    I've heard the Apocalypse Now thing as well. Haven't seen it.

    With HTML, you have to put a / in front of the "i" on the last tag.

    < i >Serenity < / i >

    Without the spaces of course. That's the way it is with all HTML tags... the first starts it, whatever is between will be affected by the tags, and the last one has a backslash saying "hey, the tag is over now."
  3. I really don't know if I can recommend Apocalypse Now to you to watch. It is very much inspired by Heart of Darkness. It...yeah. "The horror! The horror!" describes it pretty well.
    Clearly Serenity is better. And what's wrong with being a renegade space traveler? It looks fun.
  4. Suzanne 9/29/2005 7:57 PM
    Renegade space travelers tend to lose touch with their mothers.
  5. Suzanne 9/29/2005 7:59 PM
    HA ha! I did it!

    Thanks for the HTML tip.
  6. We call at least once a week.
  7. Suzanne 9/29/2005 9:43 PM
    Good boys.
  8. Anonymous 10/02/2005 1:12 AM
    Yes, Apocalypse Now is an adaptation of Heart of Darkness. Both are brilliant. I have a copy of the movie if you want to see it.

Something to say?