Luddie's Former Life ;)
Houston, the Shiny has landed.

And Not One Speck Will Remain

By Luddie
So today my Aunt Kate had much-needed back surgery. Granny and I spent last night at my cousin's house and got them to school today. Her surgery went fine and should hopefully restore more mobility to her leg and even ease some pain.

I have not been in a hospital for quite some time and today was mostly spent in one. For some reason, the whole experience only reminded me of Death Cab, probably because of their song "What Sarah Said." In fact, most of the day was spent not trying to hum:

Sorrow drips into your heart through a pinhole
Just like a faucet that leaks
and
there is comfort in the sound
But while you debate half
empty or half full
It slowly rises
your love is gonna drown


Not the most uplifting lyrics for surgery day, but then again, when exactly *is* a day for a Death Cab.

Health is a blessing, and to a degree, we all have it.
 

1 comment so far.

  1. C. Bright 9/27/2007 9:03 PM
    I keep coming to this post and thinking, ag I should've put up that comment that I was gonna put up before, but now its an old post. Well pumpernickels on timeliness!

    We're praying for you guys and love you and miss you.
    Love us.

Something to say?