Luddie's Former Life ;)
Houston, the Shiny has landed.

When You're 21, You're No Fun

By Luddie
It's Heritage weekend again! I went to Gregg County Airport for the first time ever yesterday to pick up some folks flying in. It's a real airport, except tiny.

The guys I was driving had a great time telling me how to lower the windows and turn on the defrost since I had never driven the vehicle before. Good times...

And now, random picture time. I took 6 whole pictures over the Christmas break and this is the best of them.



Dr. Watson has been showing us a video in Digital Literacy about How Art Made the World. It's interesting but our projector stinks so we can't actually see all the statues. Dr. Watson let the class out early, promising to have "a long talk" with the media folks.

There was one lonely previewer visiting our class, and I rather felt disappointed for her, that rather than hear the wondrous Dr. Watson lecturing, she watched him fiddle with a computer and remote before letting out class early in frustration.

And of course, having our last Heritage brings to mind my Heritage weekend, back in the day. Katy and I recollected sitting through Dr. Watson's Brit Lit. She had a legitimate reason for being there, but I was the random engineer wanting to see what these fuzzy liberal arts were like. It was a harbinger of things to come. Aaaaaah, huzzah for being seventeen.

Anyway, this time around, I am on one of the interview committees so I will be sure to shaft all these high-schoolers just like I got shafted. OK, so I won't actually be that cruel, because many of them are scared. It's really sad, actually. :|

I am also becoming increasingly paranoid about commas, due to my English review tutoring. Am I putting commas in the right places? Worlds hang in the balance!

I have seen Pan's Labyrinth twice now, and it is quite probably my favorite movie that I have seen in a long, long time.

It's a Spanish film with subtitles. It takes place during the Franco regime in Spain at the end of WW2. A small band of military officers is trying to quell the last of a group of resistance fighters, who are desperately holding out for the Allied arrival.

A little girl and her mother come to visit the Captain, who has helped them in the past, and after that, the girl has all these crazy adventures. It's something of a fairy tale for adults. It has fantasy elements, but the movie is very dark, and has brief, brutal violence.

It's just creepy enough to be interesting without making you worry that the boogy man will jump out in the next scene. Not to mention the soundtrack is amazing.

I should start taking more pictures of stuff, to put it here.
 

3 comments so far.

  1. Strider 2/10/2007 10:55 PM
    Dr. Watson had some of the best stories to tell. His mannerisms, too, when he really go into a story, were sometimes even more fun to watch than the story itself.
  2. Anonymous 2/13/2007 9:26 AM
    Hey, Josh. Sounds like you are busy, trucking along. Yea, pictures are a good idea.
  3. Suzanne 2/13/2007 9:52 AM
    "When You're 21, You're No Fun"
    Sounds like a song title, but I don't think you can write a song with your age in it until you're 23.

Something to say?