Luddie's Former Life ;)
Houston, the Shiny has landed.

The Milk From the Window Lights

By Luddie
Today was, without noticeable reason, one of the best days of the semester.

I tested in Principles of Management and felt moderately pleased with how it went. I also showed that class' teacher my revamp of her syllabus, and was pleasantly surprised when she gave me not only a response, but a positive one.

I could show you a few pages of it here, except that I don't own Microsoft Publisher on my PC. Instead, it shall go into my portfolio. Oh yes, I have a portfolio now. Wooooo.

Then I worked my section of English Review with Kelly and Annie. It's funny, that class. It's full of engineers and flight science majors who don't care at all about writing, and because of this class they have to think about grammar harder than most English majors do.

On some level, though, I actually enjoy explaining stuff to them. And inevitably, our "conferences" end with a casual talk about the paper's subject, which is usually some hobby or happening that they think about passionately. It's cool.

And then Andrew took me to Starbuck's to use his gift card. It's overpriced and a lightning rod for rich, snobby businessmen and high school girls, but it sure is fun.

And then homework and then dinner and then a long talk in the cafeteria with quality people, and then an unnecessarily risque episode of The Office!

And then our reading group read the final act of Hamlet, littering the floor with bodies as the poison flowed and messengers bid the soldiers shoot.

More homework and then a Taco Bell run with my suite mates, which started a Mountain Dew-fueled conversation about tasers.

And now I am *not* writing my music review on the new Shins album.

I normally try to include a picture with these posts, and I've grown more conscious about how to do that in a good way because of Visual Literacy class, but I couldn't find a good or recent picture of something.

So instead, I point your attention to the picture behind my sidebar, which has been there for some time, except to say, that I was there, in Botswana, taking that picture on almost this exact day one year ago.
 

2 comments so far.

  1. Amy 2/04/2007 1:50 AM
    Congratulations on having a "best day." They can be such beautiful rarities. :)

    Also, I'd always wondered about the lovely background photo... (I find great delight in silhouetted horizons, witnessing the sun dancing from shimmering splendor to quiet shadows.) :) ...and almost the exact day a year ago; that's just really neat. :)

    Alright, I've already far exceeded my acceptable quota for smiley-faces, so I'd best be on my way!

    God be with you! (I hope He'll give you many more "best" days!)
  2. Suzanne 2/07/2007 3:58 PM
    Happy Botswana Photo Day!

Something to say?