Luddie's Former Life ;)
Houston, the Shiny has landed.

Would You Turn to Say

By Luddie
So, this last Friday about 30 people or so took a break from school to come down and have a LAN party!



I remember Gizmo and Bubbles some other 41 alums hosting these things at their off-campus apartments when they lived down here. I was the little sophomore who they let come and have fun with them, which I have always appreciated.

So after they left, LAN parties have kinda fallen to the wayside, at least in my experience so I decided to have one this last weekend.

PEEEEEKTURES

Zerg and Fargo and Trolley and Fjord helped me out tons with renting a classroom, talking to security, securing sponsorships from nvidia and Bawls and of course with providing hardware from the computer club to make the network... work.

It was tons of work but also tons of fun. We had plenty of guests, pizza, DDR and XBox on projectors. We linked up 2 Xboxes and played 4v4 Halo. And of course lots of Warcraft III and UT2004 over the LAN. We had some crazy matches and the best part is all being in the same room together.

Anyway, I'll get up a post with pictures about Thanksgiving, soonish.
 

5 comments so far.

  1. Paige 12/05/2006 10:16 PM
    Teehee...that was fun! I still can't believe you talked me into it, but I'm glad you did. I needed to have the true LeNerdo experience before I graduate. :p
  2. Amy 12/06/2006 2:11 AM
    Fun... :)

    I'm afraid the only good I would do anyone in such a setting would be to provide some form of background music. :)

    Enjoy the last precious days of LeTourneau and all the joys you'll never quite find, any other place!

    Many blessings...
  3. Amy Thorne 12/08/2006 7:22 AM
    you look like a turtle in some of those pics.

    but you're a pretty cute turtle.
  4. Geoff 12/10/2006 3:16 AM
    Looks like a good time was had by all.

    Good job!
  5. Amy Thorne 1/01/2007 1:37 PM
    happy new year, sucker

Something to say?