Luddie's Former Life ;)
Houston, the Shiny has landed.

By Luddie
Fall Fest is over and done with. Kelsey, 41's queen from G2, won Fall Fest, for which the whole floor is immensely gratified. Fargo unfortunately did not win but we still love him.

Here's me crowning the new king, Lee Shaver. His theme was Wolverine, from X-Men, so shaking his hand was kinda interesting...



He made a really good Wolverine, by the way.

After the banquet, it was the talent show; it was better than last year and Karen and I were pleased with our performance.

The winner was a guy named William Wall who played this superb Chopin piece.

So today was very soothing.

This afternoon Fargo and Zerg and I studied at Starbucks. It was raining and I tried their new maple syrup macchiato. There was that pleasant balance of study and freetalk. We toured Best Buy and looked at all the nice things we couldn't buy.

After dinner I laid in Spencer's chair; studied Poetical Books and discussed the Big Three: God, gastronomy and girls.

Dozer is behind me lecturing his monitor on the operations of hydroelectricity. I am happy to be a history major.
 

3 comments so far.

  1. Amy 10/16/2006 1:12 AM
    A history major sounds wonderful. You must be so excited to be nearing the end of this chapter in the saga of "educational endeavors." I, too, can't wait until I can actually enjoy reading, once more.

    I love Starbucks, though I thoroughly dislike the taste of coffee. It's the general aroma of the place that beckons me, I suppose. :) You'll have to try the banana caramel frappacino sometime.

    The AcousticCafe looked like a great night. Your 18th photo in the set was especially good, by the way; you should hold on to that one. Just curious...what kind of guitar do you play? The wood looked really lovely. A man from my church gave me an amazing Breedlove guitar, several years ago. The instrument's given me excellent incentive to learn. :)

    I guess that's about all for now! It's good to be home again, and I find I'm blessed to be able to catch up, once more, with friends. God be with you!
  2. Suzanne 10/16/2006 4:48 AM
    Thanks for the photo - up so quickly. I'll send you some photos from London! I would feel guilty that you can't come with us, but for some reason I don't. :-)

    You've had an amazing 2006 of which nothing wonderful was missing (except perhaps more of me).
  3. Paige 10/16/2006 1:41 PM
    Hey--I was at Starbucks, too! Fargo kept playing footsie indiscriminately with everyone.

    And I love the rain. *stares longingly out the window*

    You and Karen did very well, if I do say so myself, even if I couldn't hear either of you in my moniter. Sorry 'bout that...

    Cute poem. :D Care to reschedule that dinner for sometime after Fall Break?

Something to say?