Luddie's Former Life ;)
Houston, the Shiny has landed.

By Luddie
One day shortly before spring break, I was randomly playing guitar on the front steps of the dorm and people stopped around to say hi and plan what they were doing for the break. It's the I-House boys...



I have plenty of homework (for one of my law classes, we are to handwrite the Constitution), but last night I went out and finally saw MI3. Now, I don't know why the critics hated it, but I was pretty impressed with the film. Definitely kept me on my toes and certainly enjoyed it more than MI1.

Before you go out for the night and see movies or whatever, you have to sign out of the dorm. They have room checks at 11 PM to make sure you aren't off being mischievous, I guess. So before I went to the theater, I signed out.

Name: (I scribble in my name here)

Room: (room number goes here)

Place: Cinema

Reason:

And here I pause. I could write the obvious, that I am going to the cinema, to, you know, watch a movie, but that seems too straightforward. So I thought of the most random thing I could...

flying with unicorns

Satisfied, I drop the pen and go to my movie.

I came back later that night, and lo and behold, on the sign-in sheet to mark my return, entered conspicuously into the top of the dorm computer system, is my name, telling me in 13 pt. Arial that I went to the cinema to fly with unicorns. Can't believe the RA girl actually typed it into the computer. Maybe she thought it was the name of the movie?

This morning I went with some other students to a local church. We read Bible stories and taught some basic English to about 200 kids. I read stories with kindergartners and then had a discussion time with fifth and sixth graders. I do my best, but I'm just not a little kiddies person.
 

5 comments so far.

  1. Amy Thorne 5/27/2006 9:43 AM
    Awww... the picture is so CUTE! :O) Hey, we saw MI 3 last week or so. I thought it was the best one yet. Oh dear. Have you seen X-Men III yet?? You will die!!! Glory glory...
    __amy
  2. Amy 5/27/2006 2:12 PM
    I noticed you were the only one in the picture with a musical instrument. :) A lot like my life...

    When I was over there, four other girls and I were supposed to be teaching about 220 children, and we only had three translators. (You do the math.) :)

    I hope all is well. Many blessings!
  3. Strider 5/28/2006 2:14 PM
    nice crew that's there. X-men 3 was fun, wish I could move bridges like that...
  4. quirky 5/30/2006 7:06 PM
    hey bud. i like your unicorn story. that's just the sort of things i like to come up with. and i've seen both MI3 and Xmen3. liked 'em both.

    wow... handwriting the consitution. that sounds a bit... tedious...?!? better you than me! :-P
  5. Ben Jumper 5/30/2006 11:21 PM
    Wow - handwriting the Constitution. I guess that makes you remember it better or something.

    I was told, after the fact, that X-Men 3 has a cool thing after the credits. Stay till the end! I wish I had.

Something to say?