Luddie's Former Life ;)
Houston, the Shiny has landed.

By Luddie

My regular lunch: spicy noodles and a slice of bread. The cleaning ladies in our building had seen me preparing the noodles in the lounge a few times now (apparently I always do it during their break time) so today they decided to offer me some of their snack. It was a type of Korean sweet potato, which one of them had baked. It was very good and went scrumdidleeumptiously with my noodles.

It occurred to me today, during team meeting, that my diet consists of little more than carbohydrates in one form or another. I shall return from Korea a pudgy, rotund little man with puffy cheeks.

The chopsticks are nice wooden ones I got on the ascent to Yongdosung Park in Busan with my roomie. (See my newest Flickr set) I cannot recall ever buying a metal fork for myself, but these chopsticks rule.
















I'm firing a homemade Korean bamboo bow
 

7 comments so far.

  1. Geoff 4/05/2006 2:27 AM
    It _almost_ looks like your stock Spaghettios(tm). ;)
  2. Congratulations. You have now weilded an ancient weapon type. Feel proud.
  3. quirky 4/05/2006 5:52 PM
    oh look! the pudgy little man is about to go hunting for some protein!
  4. Man with a Mission 4/06/2006 9:26 PM
    The bow is cool...
    The noodles hot...
    What else ya got cookin,
    in the pot ???
  5. Amy 4/07/2006 2:46 AM
    A friend from my hometown attends LeTourneau, and her mother sent me a link to your blog in hopes that I would enjoy browsing. I, too, have spent some time in South Korea--missions related. It's been two years since I last set foot in that beautiful land, but I'll never forget how I grew to love the precious people and their incredible culture of honor. Oh, how well I remember the food! :) You should try some chop-jae while you're there; it's another noodle dish, but I found it to be very satisfying. By the way, if you wish to please the one serving your meal, you could say, "ma-shi-sai-yo." It means "the food is delicious," and I've not yet seen it fail to bring a smile to the face of the one who's served or prepared my meal. :) I hope you'll be greatly blessed as you learn many valuable lessons in that fascinating land.
  6. Luddie 4/07/2006 5:32 AM
    I'll try to add that phrase to my tiny Korean vocabulary. Thanks for the note. :)
  7. Suzanne 4/07/2006 5:57 AM
    Major cool pics - trendsetting.

Something to say?