Luddie's Former Life ;)
Houston, the Shiny has landed.

Snappy Post Title Goes Here

By Luddie
For the historical society, I volunteered for this dinner theater drama on Friday night. Basically, people pay to come to this dinner we set up at the Gregg County Historical Museum and ate a multi-coures meal while some actors and I played out this murdery mystery.

It consisted of a few acts, and the people discussed who they thought killed Uncle Earle between acts. My part was Richard Methvin, this son of an old couple who had an oil well. Somebody killed Uncle Earle looking for the deed to the well, and my Pa (played by Geoff Barbour) finds out "who dun it."

After it was over, the actors were starving, so much to our delight we found dinner leftovers: great trays of awesome, catered fried catfish, chicken, shrimp, hushuppies and fries. It was... wonderful.

So that was my Friday evening. Yesterday, I chilled, and wrote my newspaper stories.

Today, I want to make a little progress on my intellectual history... my ideal goal for today would be finishing two pages on Bob Dylan. Been watching a documentary about him and I have a couple books.

Big papers are so daunting. Even if I've divided up the paper into little doable chunks (like writing 2 pages on classic Dylan), it's still hard just to take a little bite from something so big. And yet, this isn't one of those crazy 15 page papers the freshmen do the night before it's due.

And then there's Spanish. I'm convinced the way to learn it is to speak it all the time... this classroom stuff just doesn't get it in my head enough. Ah well, push through to the end.

Fall Fest pictures are coming soon, honest. I stopped being a slacker and figured how to get one of the photo club CDs, which is what I've been waiting on. Soon...
 

3 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous 11/06/2005 4:19 PM
    " one of those crazy 15 page papers the freshmen do the night before it's due."
    hahahaha...
  2. Suzanne 11/06/2005 8:13 PM
    Yea! Fall Fest Fotos!!
  3. d.t.blaser 11/08/2005 3:14 PM
    Mmm...no better way to die in the South than to fill your arteries with Catfish and hushpuppies!

Something to say?