Luddie's Former Life ;)
Houston, the Shiny has landed.

Sunday Morning

By Luddie
I was very blessed this morning -- two psalms and the Sermon on the Mount from Matthew. God is so good and mysterious for opening His Word up sometimes.

I was particularly struck by the Beatitudes:

Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.


Jesus did not say, "Blessed are the strong," or "Blessed are the achievers," or "Blessed are those who have good GPA's and feel productive all the time."

He said, blessed are the people who are humble, blessed are those who desire God, blessed are the pursuers of peace -- blessed are those who, without vindictiveness or fighting back, quietly persevere in trials of all kinds, waiting for the day they can be with God.

Lord, how easily I forget this simple lesson. Quiet my heart today and show me what it means to be your child.
 

7 comments so far.

  1. Karen 10/09/2005 10:53 AM
    Those are some very good points, and rather encouraging. Thanks for sharing!
  2. Luddie 10/10/2005 5:42 PM
    I am Ludwhig the Stampede. Fear Me.

    OK, that is very much not my slogan, and is in fact a very lame inside joke with my roomie. Long life? Meh, I guess that works.
  3. Sharpton: The Knight's Disciple 10/10/2005 6:14 PM
    " I am Ludwhig the Stampede. Fear Me."
    So you're a walking disater zone?
    Where's your gun?
  4. Luddie 10/10/2005 7:09 PM
    It's my beat-down Wonka stick. Watch for it.
  5. Geoff 10/11/2005 12:05 AM
    On a less spiritual note, do you have a slogan yet? Long live King Ludwhig, perhaps?

    I think he should promise to build cool castles around campus... to match history!
  6. Anonymous 10/11/2005 10:14 PM
    That's weird, cause our pastor just finished a series on the beatitudes. Coincidence? I think not.
  7. Suzanne 10/20/2005 2:25 PM
    ::tap, tap, tap:: Your sister doesn't have dots anymore.

Something to say?