Luddie's Former Life ;)
Houston, the Shiny has landed.

And the mountains, they are red tape

By Luddie
Grrrrrrr. Very frustrated grrrrrr.

Nothing final, so don't people go freaking out just yet, but I am kinda trying to see if I can't spend next semester at Handong Global University, in South Korea.

I have this paper... front and back, maybe space for a dozen signatures... of all the people who have to sign off on this escapade. And the bureaucratic "someone should approve this" and "I don't know what's going on" is absolutely maddening.

Today for instance. I see my academic advisor Dr. Johnson, who before signing anything, wants me to see Dr. Jarfster, who referred me to Hummel and Kubricht and Ms. Shank in the registrar's office, who pointed me to Dr. Coppinger where this whole mess started in the first place. So much walking back and forth across campus multiple times to different offices! Rawr.

I just feel that unless I spend 5 minutes explaining myself to people who don't care, that they will then assume by my conciseness that I haven't done my work and haven't the foggiest clue what I'm about.

Hooray!

Now, rants rarely do anything for the writer, and the only thing keeping them from boring the reader to tears is that readers never get through them anyway.

SO

how to make this post happy

Well... I didn't go to karate. Which means I had TIME to run around cutting red tape, and eat lunch too, which is good. Guitar is still nice... I tried singing "Beautiful Love" by The Afters and that was cool. Some songs just work well right out and others... you need to look up online and that's one of them. :D
 

3 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous 10/27/2005 10:28 PM
    hooray for guitar.
  2. Anonymous 10/28/2005 9:39 AM
    Keep plugging - Rome was not built in a day, nor were mountains of red tape conqured quickly.
  3. Amy Thorne 10/29/2005 8:48 PM
    Hey, I was listening to that song this morning. Cool, huh? It's like lookin' in a mirror!! (never mind, have you seen that movie? coolio). The Afters annoy me mostly, but I really like them. It's a love/hate relationship.

Something to say?