Luddie's Former Life ;)
Houston, the Shiny has landed.

Nightmare

By Luddie
And I'm back on campus! It's good. Got to have good times moving in and catching up with some people. And my computer actually works! The airline and Greyhound didn't bust it, for which I am very thankful.

Last night was my first back on an LETU bed, which was comfy. For some reason, though, I had the most horrible nightmare I've had in years. I used to dream a lot, but not so much anymore, so it's rather a special occasion when I can wake up remembering one. Unfortunately, I don't like dreaming anyway because all mine are usually bad... either long, drawn-out vaguely troubling things where *something* just isn't right the whole way through... or progressively scarier dreams that wake you up at the worst part. That was the kind I just had.

I'll spare you all the grizzly details, but it was just strange how this dream had no completely bizarre elements. It was like a horror movie... it built up the suspense, and at just the right moment I learned the truth about where I was and the shock of it woke me up. And the annoying thing, is most dreams fade very quickly when you wake up. This one replayed itself in my head for 15 minutes while I laid there trying to forget it.

So anyway, yes, blogging about it has helped forget about it a little bit. And now, to continue that effort, my list of things to do today:

1) Clean up the room for an hour and a half.
2) Show up to volunteer for the IMPACT retreat.

There is actually a ton of work that goes into this by volunteers. I had no idea how much work until I saw the scheduled list of things I'll be doing all weekend. It should be fun, though busy.

And now I think I'm going to go dig up my Bible because I hear those help with bad mornings too.
 

9 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous 8/18/2005 1:52 PM
    i love dreams. even scary ones!
    i love the Bible.
    i love when it says "no comment (yet!" or "1 lonely comment."

    have a good'n!
  2. Ma Hoyt 8/18/2005 7:41 PM
    One of my many (hidden) talents is dream interpretation.

    Of course, I would need more details. And, a synopsis of the last five years of your life....
  3. Suzanne 8/18/2005 7:50 PM
    Night is the mother of thoughts, and though normally this is a profitable service, the psyche can at times play it's erratic games.

    Glad you made it back safely from all your travels. Enjoy the busyness.
  4. bajema 8/18/2005 10:22 PM
    i had a dream the other night, it was weird. here's my favorite part from it:

    the dream was actually a movie. there weren't any cameras or anything though, maybe they were all hidden and it was some kind of reality movie.

    i was bringing a christmas tree to somebody's house (they were very excited to have thier first tanenbahm) and there were people hiding in the tree. anyway, i was looking at movie reviews and was checking out the movie that was actually the dream, because we were going to go see it. it made perfect sense in the dream, though not much now. and i think the movie got something like 4 stars in the review, so i much have been a pretty good actor.
  5. abu 8/19/2005 6:29 AM
    Conservation of momentum! Funny how stuff makes sense in dreams, and then you realized it is totaly wrong, once you are awake.
  6. Feanor 8/19/2005 8:24 AM
    Hmmm, funny how none of this makes any sense to me whatsoever.
  7. C. Bright 8/20/2005 7:24 PM
    LOL, feanor!



    I must mention that though scary dreams are the worst, second in disheartening-ness is a dream where one amasses a large pile of chocolate, wakes with a happy grin, and realizes later that such treasure does not exist. Pretty heartbreaking some times.
  8. Luddie 8/20/2005 11:11 PM
    Ma Hoyt, that is quite the talent. Are you serious? Never had a dream interpreted, particularly over the blogosphere? ;D

    And Dex... that is quite creepy that you can remember the particulars of that physics problem in such frightening detail.
  9. abu 8/20/2005 11:13 PM
    But when it isn't chocolate, it is definitly a relief to awaken and realize it's ok about all the things you just messed up.

Something to say?