Luddie's Former Life ;)
Houston, the Shiny has landed.

The Dial-Up Experience

By Luddie
::sighs as he is befuddled yet again by a game of solitaire::

::alt-tabs back to Internet Explorer::

"Oh, my page finally loaded!"

::reads for a minute and then clicks to the next blog; goes back to solitaire::

::sighs as yet another game comes irresistably to a point where no further cards can be moved::

::gives up in disgust and goes away for wonderful wonderful home food... which makes up for dial-up::
 

5 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous 6/02/2005 12:52 AM
    I feel your pain. I've been spending a lot of time in the library at Austin Community College; I can accomplish as much on the computers there in 30 minutes as I can at home in a couple of hours.

    Have you ever used an RSS reader for blogs? It makes things much easier on dialup; I particularly like Bloglines (no downloads required). That way, I know when blogs are updated and when they aren't, so I don't waste my time waiting for pages to load. I can usually read the latest entries in plain text, too.
  2. Geoff 6/02/2005 1:39 AM
    *glories in broadband*
  3. Anonymous 6/02/2005 8:24 AM
    Go away.
  4. Courtney 6/03/2005 5:56 PM
    I remember those days ...
  5. Feanor 6/06/2005 2:38 PM
    Be thankful that for you dial-up is a brief experience, for me it is a way of life, I would say just live with it, but by the time your reading this you are already back to high-speed. Darn you.

Something to say?