Luddie's Former Life ;)
Houston, the Shiny has landed.

Corsets, scammers & Dilbert

By Luddie
So I'm at work, and I get this question from an eBay inquirer, regarding the contents of an antique Sears catalogue I'm trying to sell...

"Please tell me how many corsets (women's only) are illustrated. Thank you."

There are corsets not meant for women? I'm scared now.

::sighs::

eBay is a *weird* place.

In other news, I catalogued item #41 today, which is always a happy, rambunctious, memorable event.

I know many of you have probably already seen my little eBay store, but if you haven't, try it again tomorrow, as that may be the biggest it ever gets.

http://stores.ebay.com/rescuekokomo

***************
I also love scams...

Dear ebay_sales@rescuekokomo.org ,

Your bank has contacted us regarding some suspicious activity, including unauthorized charges of your credit card via the eBay system. We have reasons to believe that you changed your registration information or that someone else has unauthorized access to your eBay account. Please use the link below to sign in to eBay, check and if necessary update your information we have on file. Once you have updated your account records your session will not be interrupted and will continue as normal. Failure to update will result in cancellation of service, Terms of Service (TOS) violations or future billing problems.

To update your record please click here:
It is highly recommended that you right click on the link and select "Open in new window" option
as some mail clients will not allow you to proceed!
https://signin.ebay.com/aw-cgi/ddf.dll?OneTimePayment&ssPageName=h:h:sin:US

We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause you and we would like to thank you for your cooperation as we review this matter.


I responded to the email thusly...

Why do you want my username and password if you already have it?

In the words of Julius Caesar… “I came, I saw, I laughed at ridiculous scam attempts.”

Cry more, noobs.

Yours truly,
Josh Jones


It didn't help their case much that they forgot to update the copyright year at the bottom of the email.

Ahh, it feels so nice to say "cry more, noobs" in a non-Dark Age of Camelot context. ;D

In other news, today's Dilbert was brilliant. I like his thinking.

 

4 comments so far.

  1. d.t.blaser 6/13/2005 7:54 PM
    3. noob
    Noob (adj.) is the term coined by gamers reffering to abusive, arrogant players that show no real skill and refuse to co-operate.

    The word 'Newbie' is often confused with noob/noobie/n00b which refers to someone new to the game but willing to learn and co-opereate in a mature manner.

    Thanks to the Urban Dictionary....
    oh yeah, it's Slope btw
  2. Suzanne 6/13/2005 9:10 PM
    Corsets? Please ... tell them to go get a life and read a phone book or something.
  3. Karen 6/14/2005 10:55 AM
    Orson Wells wore a corset for part of "Citizen Kane".
  4. bajema 6/14/2005 3:51 PM
    i like the dilbert, i printed it out and its hanging in my cubicle...

Something to say?