Luddie's Former Life ;)
Houston, the Shiny has landed.

Protege Moi

By Luddie
insurance

Nothing like starting off your day with a little sunshine! Obscure as it may be.

random link time!

Good luck to the EU convincing Texas to give up the death penalty.

Well, I am at Granny's and that is wonderful. The most exciting thing to happen today -- AND YESTERDAY -- was that today I got my car oil and transmission fluids changed! CAN YOU FEEL THE EXCITEMENT?!

Seriously though, I am always a fan of, as Saturday morning cartoons used to say, chillin' like a villain.

So what else to do on a long summer day but write emo songs!

Here's the prerequisite (always humorous) vocal warm-up and mic test, consisting of whatever song happens to be in my head, whether or not I've played it before, and capoed to a moderately ambitious key. Today that song is Avril's When You're Gone.

Followed by this reflective, button-all-your-cardigan-buttons little number called Rubber Boots. It's about not wanting to take risks and playing it too safe.

Recording is a never-ending struggle against my aging headset. I apologize for the static and for the completely random beeps, which was why I faded out the ending of Rubber Boots, a technique I normally detest in favor of actual resolve. If someone doesn't like it, then I will gladly accept if they rent me out a couple days at Abbey Road. ;)

I am always hungry
 

3 comments so far.

  1. C. Bright 8/21/2007 6:27 PM
    Good tunes.

    The Abbey Road link made me think of Pete Jackson trying to get his own Abbey Road picture. They kept having to take it over and over again because Howard Shore was so scared of the traffic. Oh the useful things you know things you watching LOTR extras.
  2. abu 8/22/2007 10:27 PM
    You may find that recording at the "bottom of the hour" might reduce the random beeps that you get.




    Or, put your cell phone 20 feet away from the electronics.
  3. Anonymous 8/24/2007 5:22 PM
    Hi, I was just randomly stopping by on my way to see Canny's and Amy's blogs, and had to stop a little longer than expected to listen to the recordings.
    That was pretty much amazing - I thought they were going to be random jokes or something . . . Anyways, bye.

Something to say?