Luddie's Former Life ;)
Houston, the Shiny has landed.

Hides my true shape, like Dorian Gray

By Luddie
Yesterday's Chinese buffet fortune cookie reads:

"Be direct, usually one can accomplish more that way."

The run-on sentence in this pearl of wisdom may be pardoned due to its Far Eastern origin. Oh wait! The cookie comes from Wonton Foods in... Houston, Texas. Ouch.

Texas will not make up its mind whether to rain or shine, so it is doing both.

Let us speak of food!

Vanilla Coke is very good, and strangely, present only in Brookshire Brothers.

Speaking of coke, a gala of my recent summer meals...



That would be fish and fries baked together in a pot. It works. Wow. I had ice cream for dinner and this pictures makes me want fish and fries again.



That would be pancakes with enough butter to clog the Chunnel... which is a ridiculous notion besides being the biggest tunnel I could think of.

So, you can see, I am eating healthy and can expect to take up sumo wrestling by the end of the summer.

Geoff (of Dallas fame) and I went to San Antonio to see Dave and Karen last weekend. The river walk is fantastic. And my shoulders are still peeling from too much sun in the pool, which is a sign that summer is going better than expected.
 

5 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous 6/18/2007 7:06 PM
    I hope you plan to soak up a little sun in the suburbs of Shiloh in a week or so; foods not bad either (if you put in your order ahead of time)
    The company is top notch and you will be left to sleep as long as you like. Hope you are coming down.
  2. Suzanne 6/19/2007 10:23 AM
    Pardon my vulgarity, but that food looks like barf to me.

    You, on the other hand, do not look like barf to me, and I would like very much to see you by the shores of Shiloh soon.

    A whimsical alliteration, don't you think?
  3. Grey 6/21/2007 3:14 PM
    Let us speak of clouds, shall we?

    Clouds.


    Exuberance!
  4. C. Bright 6/22/2007 6:33 PM
    Your pictures leave me salivating for chunnel-chucking butter - only I thought it was ice cream at first, in its excessive amounts.

    (and seƱor Grey's comment {whomsoever this gifted individual may be} adds to the general... cloud enjoyment of my life. yesssss)
  5. Geoff 6/23/2007 2:32 AM
    Lets skip the sunburn next time.

    and yes, Grey is 99% enjoyment...

    and 1% super human.

Something to say?