Luddie's Former Life ;)
Houston, the Shiny has landed.

Talks Like A Gentleman

Category: , , , , , , , , By Luddie
This blog is two years old! W00t.

Last week Bebo Norman came to campus so I went and saw his concert. I was only a partial fan of his music but after the concert I was very impressed by his faith and voice. The upcoming issue of the YJ features a tiny review I wrote of his CD.

This is a terrible picture but it is him.



My next writing project is American Lit journals. I am beginning to wonder if I can get it all done by Thanksgiving.

Zerg and Fargo and I recently watched Lost in Translation. Numerous little moments really reminded me of what it felt like being in Korea.

It's been a good week or so for my Fine Arts class. On Saturday evening, a number of LETU students piled in a bus to see Madama Butterfly at the Shreveport Opera. It was superbly performed and very watchable. Not too long and with subtitles on a screen above the stage, you could actually tell what was going on.

After seeing the entire opera, I noticed even more phrases and themes in it that appear in Weezer's Pinkerton album. Really interesting stuff.

Tomorrow, I'm going to Dallas for a Fine Arts field trip. We'll be going to the museum area or something. Should be good times.

Hooray for getting away from Longview during the semester. My motivation/energy levels have been reaaaaaally low recently.
 

2 comments so far.

  1. bajema 11/14/2006 12:31 AM
    the fine arts field trip to Dallas was fun. and I'm telling you, Intro to Fine Arts was hands down my favorite class from LU.
  2. Amy 11/14/2006 12:09 PM
    Hi there! Great things are happening; what fun. :)

    I've actually only heard one song of Bebo Norman's, "Nothing Without You." I love the song, though, and I think it would be a true blessing to hear more of the man's heart.

    Keep up the good work! "It will be worth it all, when we see Jesus..." :)

Something to say?