Luddie's Former Life ;)
Houston, the Shiny has landed.

Fall Break

By Luddie
I went to the Spencers' house on Friday night and Andrew and I watched Part One of the Godfather. I'd seen half of it on my flight to Korea but the plane landed before I could finish it.

I made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Good stuff.

We woke the next morning, went canoeing for several hours on the river just below the dam of Caddo Lake. The river was very still, and generally the time was very quiet. It was nice to just paddle and be quiet.

We came back and made pizzas.



We then watched Dead Poets' Society, which was my first time to see it.

My name is Nerwanda!

The rest of the break was uneventful; I slugged away at a Poetical Books paper.

Last night the Korean students on-campus had a dinner for their host families and friends. The food was delightful. They made a special trip to Dallas and got real kimchi and kimbop and cho ko paie. It was one of the best Korean meals I've had, and afterwards I was privileged to play guitar for them while they sang a goodbye song in Korean.

They played a promotional video for Handong and I recognized a lot of the people, including my roommate Marcellin.

I don't have pictures but maybe soon.
 

2 comments so far.

  1. Paige 10/25/2006 5:24 PM
    Those pizzas look decidely saucy. :p
  2. Amy 10/26/2006 2:07 AM
    I love kimbop! :) Do you know the song, "Sarong hamnida na yae Yesunim"? It's a beautiful Korean song of blessing...

Something to say?