Luddie's Former Life ;)
Houston, the Shiny has landed.

By Luddie
Just finished the second week of the semester at LeTourneau. It has been really good being back. I miss lots of people that have graduated but it has been very good times with the people here.

I'm taking 18 hours:
Europe, 1789-1914 (interesting stuff... and Kubricht is teaching)

Intro to Fine Arts (stop laughing! Watson is the man)

Poetical Books (I think I really like Dr. Hummel. Sometimes it's just hard to spot him behind his gigantic GPA beat-down stick.)

Book of Acts (insert Dutch joke here. Actually Dr. Hood is cool)

Survey of American Literature I (We watched the Disney Pocahontas in class. Think about that. Actually I'm really glad to have taken another Dr. Coppinger class)

Intro to Philosophy (probably my least favorite class, not because of the material, but because this type of class should be the type of thing you do on a sunny hilltop with a band of good friends, not in the arctic sterility of Heath-Hardwick Hall in the company of 30+ caffeinated freshmen. Sometimes silence really *is* the best option when it clears you of retarded side considerations.)

I'm not working for the university this semester, which is hurting my bank account, but it is very freeing to be able to concentrate only on other stuff.

Pebble unfortunately could not come back this semester, so I'm the undisputed Overlord of the Power Suite. We have numerous names; none of us have girlfriends so we tacked on the name of the Eligible Suite.

On the upside, both of my minions (read: roomies) have cars, which, in classic Overlord style, I have dubbed my chariots. One of them, the Chariot of Destruction, is a '97 Chrysler Concord, but the other...

Well, last night I saw it for the first time and cried out, "What?! My Chariot of War is a stationwagon?!" Ah well, we must make do with what we have.

I lined up all my major semester assignments on Google Calendar and now anytime I want to be depressed I can open it to survey the coming destruction.

Several musical pursuits have also opened up for the semester. I'm working up some material for the next AcoustiCafe, not the least of which will be accompanying Fjord on his lead vocal debut with a very quality song.

Karen and I are also planning to try out again for the Fall Fest talent show with the act that got turned down last year. We shall prevail over the nay-sayers!

And there's a few more projects that I'm not actually at liberty to say. One of them involves *dance*. Yes, quiver in fear.
 

2 comments so far.

  1. Paige 9/09/2006 12:02 PM
    Dance? Really?!? Wow....did I mention that I'm now helping my friend Gideon teach a lindy-hop class on Sunday evenings at six? You should come. :p Solheim, first door on the right.

    Swing-dance is great stress-relief and a fun distraction. (Plus it's a great way to meet girls, oh members of the eligible suite *wink*)

    hmm...I didn't see you all week. Weird.
  2. Suzanne 9/10/2006 2:59 PM
    There seems a good deal too much fear and destruction going on in this blog.

    I'm nervous.

Something to say?