Luddie's Former Life ;)
Houston, the Shiny has landed.

By Luddie
Random picture of Loch Lomond:



I made it back to LeTourneau very smoothly. The flights were on time and Granny was there to pick me up for an early arrival in Houston.

We drove up to her house, grabbed my stuff and deposited it in my room. There were only a very few people in the dorm, but I ran around for about an hour saying hi to people.

The rest of the night consisted of the random, yet progressively building series of events that make me love evenings at LETU so much.

I sat down to play the 41 piano. Fjord heard me and walked in and we started talking. Then Spork walked in and we sat there for a good half hour in the so-called "make-out closet" until we collectively agreed to go to Whataburger.

So we drove down and ordered our burgers. We noticed, in addition to the normal Whataburger late-night crowd, there was a number of stranded bus passengers.

Their bus had tried to pull in to Whataburger, but the bus became stuck in the rut between the road and parking lot. The front and back ends had scraped too hard on the road and the wheels were unable to contact the ground hard enough to move the bus.

We finished our burgers and as we were walking out to the car, a huge purple tow truck pulled up. "Hey, this could be fun," we thought so we sat down and watched the tow truck pull it out.

The next day, IMPACT retreat immediately started. Today I have carpet to put down, generally putting all my stuff away. I hope to start on academic business in earnest this week.
 

1 comment so far.

  1. Amy 8/21/2006 1:07 AM
    Wonderful to hear from you! I'm so glad to hear that God has safely returned you "home". I'm sure there are many dear friends who have long awaited your coming. :)

    I was enjoying a "going away" party for Paigel tonight, and she gave me a "heads up" that you had a new post. I'd not been home for fifteen hours straight, this beautiful Sunday, and I couldn't wait to get home and see how your journey had been. Thanks for keeping us all "up to date." :)

    I love the picture of Loch Lomond. It's very lovely, and the photo greatly added to my pleasure in reading what was written just underneath it. :)

    Have a wonderful start to school. I pray God will continue to richly bless your every endeavor for His kingdom.

    'Glad you've come back to my beloved Texas. :) We're all glad to have you here, once more!

Something to say?