Luddie's Former Life ;)
Houston, the Shiny has landed.

Pre-Finals Celebrating

By Luddie
You'll doubtless get an earful of this from other blogs, but I'm the first, so hah. Geoff, Bubbles, Spork, Fjord, Courtney, Michaela, Andrew and myself went to Dallas for a day trip. We walked all over the Galleria (which for those not Dallas-savvy, is a huge ritzy mall).

It was cool just to be there, surrounded by noise and movement, which for me at least are welcome changes from my dorm room. There was a truly impressive Christmas tree in the middle of a small skating rink.

I bought a new pair of shoes. They're EXACTLY the same as Spork's, just different size, so if you see him, be sure to compliment him on his fine shoes.

We went to Bolt's apartment and he cooked a stupendous breakfast meal. What can't he do? Autonomously fly, I guess. Anyway, it was good to just talk to him and see him in his natural habitat, which is something he would say of birds.

And then, like the fine people we are, Miki, Spork, Bubbles and I ditched the others to go ice skating. We had wanted to see the new Narnia movie with them, but upon seeing this cool and cheap ice rink in a mall, we couldn't pass it up.

So much fun! My last and only experience with skating had been a miserable, crowded, tiny rink where I fell down repeatedly and got all wet. This time, I just stepped out and found it much much more similar to roller blading than I had thought. I only fell twice, and once was intentional.

I certainly prefer it to roller blading now. Something to keep in mind for all those frozen lakes I pass everday.

So yeah, finals week is coming up and it was nice to chill. I also played acousticafe last night. Went well. Kinda sad to think I won't see the campus and a lot of these people for eight months or so. But yeah, it's nearly 2:30 in the morning and we mustn't get sentimental!

So, a joke to BRIGHTEN your day.

Where does a turtle get his gas?

At the SHELL station.

If you are not laughing uncontrollably right now, then you can credit your incredulity to a clique of gaga-brained Venezuelan girls.

AND it's really hard to think of the right word to say at 2:30 in the morning, so I'll stop trying. Goodnight to you!
 

2 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous 12/12/2005 9:49 AM
    dude! you should have called me! you hoser.

    you're all hosers.
  2. C. Bright 12/13/2005 8:41 AM
    OooOooo ::flapping her arms::

    Darn guess non of us can autonomously fyl (or whatever you said).

    I went ice scateing in Indianapolis over Thanksgiving break and it was soo cool! (despite the fact that it hurt one's ankles badly and made one look *very* ungraceful).

    ok, Im gong now.

    Gone, even

Something to say?