Luddie's Former Life ;)
Houston, the Shiny has landed.

More songs

By Luddie
So today I was playing guitar, and I hit record again. This time, two singing songs I like.

The first is an Iron & Wine song. Not sure *exactly* what the words mean in some places, but it's a gorgeous gorgeous bit of poetry. I shortened it somewhat from the original 10-minute version.

And then, Soul Meets Body, by good ol' death cab. I expanded the song with an instrumental intro.

I've decided to store recordings over on the sidebar, which I might use for other purposes, someday.

As always, the recording is terrible because I can't get the time to drag tons of equipment down to a soundproof room and record it properly. 'Nuf excuses; hope you like it.
 

4 comments so far.

  1. Unknown 12/04/2005 8:51 PM
    wow. cool songs. never heard you sing with your guitar very much, but now i have two recordings i can play over and over and over and over...
    *chant fades into the dark and damp halls of the abandoned underground*
  2. Anonymous 12/04/2005 10:29 PM
    Hey man, I just made my first CD. Well, actually, I just mixed my first CD. No, wait! I did make my first CD! IM me some time and I'll tell you about it.
  3. bajema 12/08/2005 1:24 PM
    hello, i like the songs, think you could send my the chords or something, i'd like to lay down some bass tracks for them...
  4. Luddie 12/08/2005 6:07 PM
    auto-reply in my mail wouldn't work so I'll post here:

    Trapeze Swinger goes: C G F C G, or swap out that first C chord for an Am for the stanzas after the first one.

    Soul Meets Body: Am C a few times for the verse, G for the transition to the chorus. Chorus goes: Am G Am G Am F G Am F G. You can listen to the original or mine to get the tempo right.

    Both songs have capo on fifth fret, I do believe.

Something to say?