Luddie's Former Life ;)
Houston, the Shiny has landed.

Go Dakota

By Luddie
Saw War of the Worlds last night. Not a lot of plot, but it just had that trademark Steven Spielburg feel to it, which was basically the only thing making me want to see a film with this rather tired premise. I would recommend seeing it once in theaters, if only for the scope of these catastrophic images being worth a big screen ticket.

As for the actors... all I will say is that 11-year old Dakota Fanning thoroughly out-acted Tom Cruise. It's most painfully obvious in their scenes together, which are many. If Spielburg had given the same camera time and attention to her as Cruise, there could be no doubt.
 

3 comments so far.

  1. Luddie 7/19/2005 8:08 AM
    Oh certainly. I don't doubt that HG Wells is the man. I'm just saying this has been done before.

    But if that doesn't bother you, it is freaking awesome.
  2. Anonymous 7/19/2005 8:43 AM
    Any premise can get tired after 107 years.
  3. Karen 7/21/2005 2:30 PM
    Told you she was a good actor. The blood plants were weird. Ick. And there was part of the ending I thought was dumb, but I won't say anything about it for those who have yet to see it.

Something to say?